The holiday season is a time for connection, family, friends and festivities. As entrepreneurs we can sometimes be so plugged into our business, clients and meetings that we neglect our self-care routines that help keep us grounded. Self-care should not be treated as an option, but as a necessity, however we place it on hold to meet deadlines, network and attend holiday functions. Exercise, healthy eating and sleep can easily fall by the wayside as we celebrate during the holiday season and sacrifice time that we should focus on our self-care.
Society has conditioned us to believe that during the holiday season we should attend multiple events, buy gifts for loved ones and to rip and run to make sure we have things that we do not need, however we should spend more time to be still and prepare for the new year. Listed below are a few things one can do to focus on self-care and enter the new year well rested and refreshed.
- Acknowledge your current self-care state.
- Brainstorm on how you can re-calibrate.
- Eat well balanced meals.
- Exercise at least 30 minutes a day.
- Focus on goals for self and your business.
- Read an article or book at least 30 minutes a day. A few of our favorites:
- Sleep, sleep and sleep some more.
- Write down your affirmations.
- Unplug from social media and focus on branding self and your business.
Savor the holiday season and enjoy all of the trimmings that comes along with it but be sure to make yourself a priority. Focusing on self-care during this time of the year is the best gift that you can give to self!